The Utah Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB) is leading the Social Services Blueprint Solution, a significant effort to synchronize service delivery across several state social services programs. The programs currently include the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Department of Workforce Services (DWS), and the Department of Corrections (DoC). The departments at the center of this effort serve several thousands of vulnerable Utahns each year. Their social services programs comprise the largest share of all budget expenditures across all fund types in Utah at 34%, or about $6.3 billion. All of these work environments share common goals, challenges, workflows, measurements, and strategies.
The goal of the project is to improve quality outcomes for the most people as efficiently and effectively as possible. This will require data integration. DTS plays an important role in providing the tools and technical expertise to synchronize data and systems between the agencies.
GOMB expects the project to produce:
- Reduction in lengths of service for each program
- Reduction in recidivism or multiple engagements for each program
- Reduction in average caseload sizes for each program
- Increased client achievement of case management objectives upon first attempt
- Further identification of program bottlenecks / difficulties in handoffs between program
We look forward to contributing to this great project and working with GOMB to continue to improve social services within Utah.