- These instructions apply to work managed device enrollments only. To enroll a device using the instructions below, please make sure the device is in a factory reset state. For instructions on how to set up and install Intelligent Hub (i.e., AirWatch or Mobile Device Management [MDM]) and Gmail on an Android device, see the Android MDM Setup and Installation Instructions page.
- Screenshots will vary depending on the model of phone and Android version.
- Also, after you follow these steps, your device will automatically be sent for approval. When the device is approved, it will have access to the signed-in utah.gov account.
- Power on your device, and on the welcome screen tap the display six times (in the same location) to start QR code enrollment.
- Next, scan the QR code below. If your device is WiFi only and does not. have an active cellular service, you will need to connect to a WiFi network first and then navigate back to the welcome screen to continue with scanning the QR code.
- Your device will then start the enrollment process. For enrollment instructions, click here and follow steps six through fourteen, and then come back to this page and continue with the remaining steps.
- Once enrollment is complete, navigate to the Google Play Store and complete the remaining steps. When the Play Store prompts you to sign in, sign in with your utah.gov email account and agree to the Google Terms of Service.
- Once you are signed in to the Play Store, type Google Apps Device Policy in the search bar and click Install. The app should confirm that it is installed, as shown in the following image.
- After confirming that the Google Apps Device Policy is installed, open the application. Follow the on-screen prompt for Next; then select Activate this device admin app in the second screen; and, finally, select Enforce in the third screen.
At this point, your device will automatically request administrative approval. This approval may take up to one hour, and once your device is approved, you will be able to access your utah.gov account across all of the Google Workspace apps, such as: Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts, and more.