MacBook Setup & Install Instructions
NOTE: If you have ANY questions about the enrollment process or experience issues registering, please contact your DTS Help Desk.
If your Mac has not already been connected to the states Active Directory system, please contact DTS to have your Mac added to the Domain.
- Once connected to the internet via
WIFI on your
Mac computer, open Safari & navigate to https://mdm.utah.gov/enroll
- In the Group ID field, enter
sou, then select
- Enter your UtahID
password, then select
- Select the device ownership type, by clicking on the drop down arrow, then select
Next. If you are not presented with this screen, please go to the next step.
- Enter your Mac computer Administrator
- You will now see that the profile has been installed (this can be also viewed by going to “system preferences > profiles”). Close the
- Click on the automatically downloaded file
- A window will open with the
AirWatch MDM Agent.pkg. Double click on the file.
- Enter your password for your
Mac computer and select
- You have successfully installed MDM & the MDM agent on the Mac. Select
- You can close all windows that were opened in relation to MDM enrollment and
Eject AirWatchAgent drive on the desktop.
- Due to the encryption policy, you will be required to have
If you are not automatically prompted to Encrypt your hard disk, click on the
aw icon at the top right of the screen, and select
If you are prompted with the
Disk Encryption box, please go to the next step.
- Enter your Mac Administrator password and select
- Save your work, select
OK and restart your machine.
- You can continue to use the Mac as per normal. You can also confirm the successful enrollment of MDM by checking in the Self Service Portal.
Managing your Device
Please log into the Device Self Service Portal to manage your own device. When you contact DTS for device support, DTS will assist you in accessing the Device Self Service Portal to manage your device. The Self Service Portal can be found here:
To gain access to the Self Service Portal, enter the
Group ID (SOU) & your
Password. This will be the same as your UtahID account. Select
If you have trouble with the registration process, or issues with MDM on your device, please contact Help Desk Support.