MDM iOS Setup & Install Instructions
Note: Before you begin the MDM registration process, please make sure you have an Apple ID & have that Apple ID setup on your iOS device and make sure you device has been backed up.
- Locate the
Apple App Store and launch the app.
- Search for
AirWatch MDM Agent and download.
- Open the app and select
Server Details to continue.
- In the Server field, type:
mdm.utah.gov and then in the Group ID field, type:
sou. Then select
In the Username field, type your
Utah ID (NOT FULL EMAIL ADDRESS)
and then in the Password field, type your
CURRENT password. Then select
- Select the type of
Device Ownership. Most common selection is:
Corporate – Dedicated. Then select
- Now select
Redirect & Enable to continue.
Install, enter device
Trust, then select
to install the enrollment profile. When prompted, select
- Create new PIN. This is different than your device PIN and will be used when accessing MDM services only. This PIN
cannot be sequential or patterned (ascending/descending characters, shapes, etc.). Examples that
work include 1234, 5678, 1111, 5599, abcd, defg, and zyxv. Examples that
work include 1473, hdnc, 147d, 9i7y, auev.
- The application will now launch showing you the status of the enrollment. If you have green checkboxes by each status,
you have enrolled your device successfully.
- Upon pressing the
HOME button, you will see the
App Catalog install automatically as well as you will be automatically prompted to install the MDM
NOTE: If you were not prompted automatically to install the AirWatch Application, please follow the steps below:
- Open the new App Bookmark (Web Clip) named App Catalog.
- Select Free or Reinstall, on the AirWatch MDM Agent.
- Select Install.
- You will be brought back to the App Catalog. Press the HOME button on the device.
- You will see the application installing (it may take a few minutes). Once complete, Go back to step 11.
Managing your Device
From a computer, please log into the Device Self Service Portal to manage your own device. When you contact DTS for device support, DTS will assist you in accessing the Device Self Service Portal to manage your device. The Self Service Portal can be found here: https://mdm.utah.gov/mydevice
To gain access to the Self Service Portal, enter the Group ID (SOU) & your Username and Password. This will be the same as your UMD account. Select Login
If you have trouble with the registration process, or issues with MDM on your device, please contact Help Desk Support.