iOS Device Setup and Install Instructions for 1). Intelligent Hub (a.k.a. – AirWatch or Mobile Device Management or MDM) and 2). Gmail
If your device is enrolled in Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP), you do not need to complete the steps below for MDM installation and setup. MDM is already registered and the Intelligent Hub application will automatically install after a successful login to a DEP device.
Not sure whether your device is enrolled in DEP? Click here to find out more information about DEP.
1). Intelligent Hub (MDM) Installation and Setup
Note: Before you begin the MDM registration process, please make sure you have an Apple ID & have that Apple ID setup on your iOS device and make sure you device has been backed up ( backup instructions here).
Important: Depending on the version of your phone and iOS your screens may differ.
Locate the Apple App Store: and launch the app.
- Select “Search” when the App Store opens:
- Search for Intelligent Hub and download.
- Open the app:
- Enter the Server Details. In the server field, type: mdm.utah.gov (select next) and then in the Group ID field, type: sou (select next).
- In the Username field, type your Utah ID (User name only, leave out “@utah.gov”). Then in the Password field, type your current password. Then select Go:
- Select the type of Ownership. Most common selection is: Corporate Owned. Select the down arrow next to Select a device type and select your type. Again, the most common selection is Corporate – Dedicated. Then select Next.
- Select Next.
- Select Allow, Install, enter device Passcode (6 digit pin):
Note: If on iOS 12.2 or later, you must manually navigate to the Settings app, locate and tap ‘Profile Downloaded’ and proceed with the following steps.
- Now select Install, Install, & Install:
- Now select Trust, then Done to install the enrollment profile. When prompted to open page in “Hub”, select Open:
- Select Done:
- You may be prompted to allow “Hub” access to your location. You can select from the following options: Only While Using the App, Always Allow and Don’t Allow.
- Create a Passcode. This is different than your device PIN and will be used when accessing MDM services only. Your passcode should have at least (4) numbers, not be repeating/ascending/descending. After creating your passcode, you will be prompted to re-enter to confirm. Then select NextNote: Examples that WILL NOT work include 1234, 5678, 1111, 5599, abcd, defg and zyxv. Examples that WILL work include 1473, hdnc, 147d, 9i7y, auev.
- You may be prompted about giving the Hub application access to Allow or Disallow sending notifications. You may select either option based on your preference.
- Select I understand once you have read and agree to the data collection and Hub permissions.
- Select your preference for Data sharing.
- Select “Search” when the App Store opens:
Once you have reached this screen, the process for enrolling your device is complete:
Furthermore – You can select This Device to check the status of your enrolled device
Upon reaching your HOME screen, you will see the App Catalog installed automatically as well as the Hub application
Managing your Device
From a computer, please log into the Device Self Service Portal to manage your own device. When you contact DTS for device support, DTS will assist you in accessing the Device Self Service Portal to manage your device. The Self Service Portal can be found here: https://mdm.utah.gov/mydevice
To gain access to the Self Service Portal, enter the Group ID (SOU) & your Username and Password. This will be the same as your UtahID account. Select Log In
2). iOS Utah.gov Gmail Setup
You must have Mobile Device Management (MDM) installed (Step 1) prior to setting up Gmail on your device.
- Locate and Launch the Settings App.
- In the Settings, locate and select Passwords & Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Select the Exchange option.
- Type in your FULL email address as well as your current UtahID password. Then select Next.
- On this screen choose Configure Manually:
- On this screen type in your password (Utah ID) to verify your account and then select Next:
- Type m.google.com in the Server field. You may need to type your FULL email address in the Email and Username field. When that is filled out, select NEXT.
- After the exchange system processes the login, you have the ability to select which options you want to be synced with (you can leave the defaults). Once you have finished selecting the various options, select Save:
- You should now see the Exchange profile in your Passwords & Accounts page.
Specific settings for your email can be changed under the Mail option:
Even though the device is ready for the State of Utah Gmail system, it can take up to 1 hour for the Mobile Device Management team to approve the device. You will receive an email on your work desktop/laptop when the device has been approved. Once the device is approved, you will need to reboot the device in order to start the sync process.
RSA SecurID Setup
To set up RSA SecurID on your mobile device, please see the “RSA SecurID Token Information” instructions.
If you have trouble with the registration process or issues with MDM on your device, please contact Help Desk Support.