- These instructions describe how to set up and install Intelligent Hub (i.e., AirWatch or Mobile Device Management [MDM]) and Gmail on an iOS device.
- If your device is enrolled in Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP), you do not need to complete the following steps for MDM installation and setup. MDM is already registered, and the Intelligent Hub application will automatically install after a successful login to a DEP device.
- Not sure whether your device is enrolled in DEP? Click here to find out more information about DEP.
- Important: These instructions have been created using an iPhone 7 Plus device. Screenshots, menus, and wording may vary depending on the model of phone and iOS version.
Before you begin the MDM registration process, please make sure you
- have an Apple ID,
- have that Apple ID set up on your iOS device, and
- have backed up your device (backup instructions here).
Intelligent Hub (MDM) Installation and Setup
- Locate the Apple App Store and launch the app.
- When the App Store opens, select Search.
- Search for Intelligent Hub in the search bar and download it.
- Once Intelligent Hub has downloaded, open the app.
- Next, enter the server details. In the Server field, type: mdm.utah.gov. Select Next, and in the Group ID field, type: sou. Then select Next again.
- In the Username field, type your Utah ID (i.e., username only; leave out @utah.gov). Then in the Password field, type your current password. Then select Go.
- Answer whether the device you are enrolling is a personal device. A personal device is one that you own, pay for, and use outside of work. If this is a state-owned device, select No.
- Answer whether the device you are enrolling is a shared device. A shared device is one that may be used by multiple people. Most users will select No.
- Review the privacy settings and then select Continue.
- Set up your profile by selecting Download profile. During this step you may be prompted to allow notifications; select Allow. You should also see a prompt to allow downloading a configuration profile; select Allow.
- After selecting Allow to download the configuration profile, exit the Intelligent Hub app and open the Settings app, locate and tap Profile Downloaded, and proceed with the following steps.
- Select Install and enter the device passcode.
- Now select Install, Install, and Install.
- Now select Trust, then Done, to install the enrollment profile.
- Next, navigate back to the Intelligent Hub app and select Take me to Hub.
- Read through the privacy information and then select I understand.
Once you have reached this screen, the process for enrolling your device is complete. At this point, you can select This Device to check the status of your enrolled device.
If you go back to your home screen, you will now see the App Catalog and Hub apps.
Managing Your Device
To manage your device, log in to the AirWatch SSP (i.e., your device’s self-service portal) from a computer. (Note: When you contact DTS for device support, DTS will assist you in accessing the self-service portal to manage your device.)
To access the self-service portal, type sou in the Group ID field, and type in your UtahID username and password in the respective fields. Then select Log In.
Once you are logged in to the self-service portal, you can perform basic device management tasks (e.g., device queries and enterprise wipes) on your enrolled devices.
iOS Utah.gov Gmail Setup
Prior to setting up Gmail on your device, you must have Mobile Device Management (MDM) installed, as described in the Intelligent Hub (MDM) Installation and Setup instructions above.
- Locate and launch the Settings App.
- In Settings, locate and select Mail, then Accounts, and then Add Account.
- Next, select the Microsoft Exchange option.
- Type in your full email address, and then select Next.
- Select Configure Manually.
- Type in your Utah ID password to verify your account and then select Next.
- Type m.google.com in the Server field. You may also need to type your full email address in both the Email and Username fields. Once you’ve filled in these fields, select Next.
- After the exchange system processes the login, you can select which options you want to be synced to your device (you can leave the defaults). Once you have finished making your selections, click Save.
- You should now see the Exchange account added on the Accounts screen.
Although at this point the device is ready for the State of Utah Gmail system, it can take up to one hour for the MDM team to approve the device. You will receive an email on your work desktop/laptop when the device has been approved.
RSA SecurID Setup
To set up RSA SecurID on your mobile device, see the “RSA SecurID Token Information” instructions.
If you have trouble with the registration process or issues with MDM on your device, please contact Help Desk Support.