Android Device Setup and Install Instructions for 1). Intelligent Hub (a.k.a. – AirWatch or Mobile Device Management or MDM) and 2). Gmail
ATTENTION: These instructions have been created using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7. The screens, menus, and wording you see, may be different than that referenced in these instructions.
- Open the Play Store. Note: If this is your first time logging into the Play Store, you will need to sign into your State Google Account.
- Search for Intelligent Hub (new name for AirWatch Agent) in the search field and select Install.
- Open the app after the install has completed..
- When the app opens up, enter the Server Details and select Next.
- Server: mdm.utah.gov (this may auto-correct “https://” in front of it – this is okay)
- Group ID: sou
- Select Allow or Deny for the Hub to make and manage phone calls. *This notification may occur during step 5.
- In the Username field, type your Utah ID (User name only, leave out “@utah.gov”). Then in the Password field, type your current password. Then select Next:
- Select the type of Ownership. Most common selection is: Corporate Owned. Select the down arrow under Details and select your type. Again, the most common selection is Corporate – Dedicated. Then select Next.
- Select I understand once you have read and agree to the data collection and Hub permissions.
- Select your preference for Data sharing.
- Select Agree to proceed with the download and installation of Android for Work.
- Select Next to setup your work profile.
- Select OK after acknowledging the following note:
- Once you have reached this screen, the process for enrolling your device is complete:
- Furthermore – You can select This Device to check the status of your enrolled device.
- Upon reaching your HOME screen, you will see a Work folder automatically created for you.
Managing your Device
Please log into the Device Self Service Portal to manage your own device. When you contact DTS for device support, DTS will assist you in accessing the Device Self Service Portal to manage your device. The Self Service Portal can be found here: mdm.utah.gov/mydevice
To gain access to the Self Service Portal, enter the Group ID (SOU) & your Username and Password. This will be the same as your UMD account. Select Login
Android Utah.gov Gmail Setup
If you have already configured MDM on your Android device, then your email should already be set up.
If you have trouble with the registration process, or issues with MDM on your device, please contact Help Desk Support.