DTS provides support for Utah’s Open Data Portal and Financial Transparency Initiatives. These initiatives are overseen by the Utah Transparency Advisory Board.
The open data portal was created based on legislation sponsored by Senator Deidre Henderson in 2014.
- SB70 – State Data Portal Amendments
- Utah Open Data Standards – Senator Deidre Henderson
State Open Data Coordinator
The State Open Data Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the open data portal and catalog. This includes setting up accounts for state and local government users, managing data sets and resources, etc. Utah’s State Open Data Coordinator is Drew Mingl.
Open Data in the News
- Utah’s Commitment To Transparency Getting Kudos
- Utah’s [Open] Data Site Provides Big Opportunities for Citizen Journalists and Others
- New Utah Open Data Portal a Hit with Users
- New Utah Open Data Catalog
- State Open Data Policies and Portals – Center for Data Innovation
- Open.Utah.gov – open government in Utah