MISSION AND SCOPE
Develop and use the Technical Architecture to improve government efficiency and effectiveness.
The Technical Architecture is the cornerstone for the design, development, and implementation of information resources across State government.
- Improve utilization of government information resources to focus on core agency missions and service delivery to Utah citizens.
- Enhance cost savings and cost avoidance through use of Technical Architecture on a statewide basis.
- Increase cross agency and intergovernmental collaboration.
- Develop and maintain the TA.
- Review, reconcile, and approve architectures for agency core Lines of Business (LOB) and common IT services.
- Establish an effective lifecycle management relationship with the DTS Project Management Office (PMO) and implementation groups within DTS.
TA Strategic Initiatives
- Articulate the value of TA and build trust with agency partners.
- Define the TA value proposition.
- Gather and share TA best practices and case studies and enable agencies to move toward higher levels of TA maturity.
- Establish a TA repository.
- Develop and implement a TA communications strategy.
- Evolve the TA to drive results.
- Establish and implement a TA governance framework.
- Establish and implement a governance framework for SOA.
- Align TA with agency and DTS strategic planning.
- Complete the development of TA reference models and linkages.
- Begin a Master Data Management project for the State.
- Develop initial TA Roadmaps for each TA framework component.
- Support and guide the development of enterprise security and privacy services.
- Develop a TA glossary to support semantic interoperability.
- Evolve opportunities with agency LOBs and other collaborative opportunities.
- Support the identification of new LOB opportunities with agencies and new opportunities for shared services.
- Guide agency transition planning toward new common architectures and solutions.
- Support the alignment of e-government and agency LOB initiatives.
- Enhance the value and benefit of collaboration tools within the State.
- Measure and assess TA value and results.
- Conduct an ongoing TA maturity assessment.
- Identify TA scorecard measurements and a method for ongoing reporting.
- Identify detailed TA performance metrics.
- Report TA results and values.