The DTS Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) is an assistance and information resource for State employees who need to resolve technical problems, request information, seek general assistance, or order DTS products and services. The ESD is accessible 24 x 7 via telephone and the Web.
Product Features and Descriptions
24x7x365 Service Desk Application
- DTS-supported Service Desk application is always available for use by division/agency support staff.
Multiple Methods of Ticket Entry
- Web-based Requester or Support Console
- Live Chat – Preparation must be made to ensure that Live Chat support staffs are adequately prepared to support specific products or services.
- Telephone – local and toll-free long distance depending on division/agency policy
- Email/paging notifications are generated automatically based on Initial Response and Resolution targets or manually, as needed.
Read Access to the Bulletin Board
- DTS Service Desk maintains a Bulletin Board to apprise customers of current issues.
Problem Resolution by Service Desk Staff
- DTS Service Desk will create tickets to resolve problems related to connectivity, hardware failure, application software and the workstation operating system. They may work on problems directly or assign tickets to others within DTS who are able to resolve the issue.
- DTS staff manages user profiles, and implements log on and service permissions on behalf of all customers/users.
- Queries can be formed to assist in locating existing tickets, identifying support bottlenecks, etc.
Standard Help Desk Routing
- Tickets are routed to divisions/agencies and their support groups based on predefined parameters.
Intra-group Re-routing of tickets
- Division/agency support staff can re-assign tickets to other support staff within their own groups.
Single Point of Contact
- The DTS Service Desk will be the single point of contact for open incidents and outages.
Inter-agency Re-routing of tickets
- Division/agency support staff can, by mutual agreement, re-assign tickets to support staff in other divisions/agencies, as governed by DTS policies.
- Older tickets are archived and retained for future reference.
Requester Console View
- All division/agency staff have browser-based access to a limited set of common functions.
Support Console View
- Properly licensed division/agency support staffs have access to the traditional, direct user console into the Service Desk application for expanded functionality.
Backup and Restore
- The Service Desk database is backed up nightly to facilitate rapid restoration of data if needed.
Features Not Included
Voice Telephony and Data Circuit Ordering
- Ordering of voice telephony services and data circuits is handled by DTS Order Desk staff using the ARIES ordering, billing and inventory system.
Rates and Billing
No separate charge
- The costs of this service are allocated to other DTS products as overhead.
- Base Rate – N/A
Provide the Service Desk application for use by all DTS staff for the capture, assignment, tracking and resolution of all technical incidents and requests.
Provide 24 x 7 system availability and staffing for the DTS Enterprise Service Desk service.
Provide instruction and training on product use.
Notify divisions/agencies of application or server problems that may interfere with performance.
Monitor usage and maintain statistics and data for Service Level Agreement verification and other management purposes.
All customers should report problems and requests to the appropriate DTS Campus Service Desks. If they are unable to resolve the issue it will be handed off to next level of support. A complete listing of all DTS Campus Service Desks are identified below:
DTS Capitol Hill Service Desk
All agencies on Capitol Hill: 801-538-3440 or 1 800-678-3440
DTS Metro A Service Desk
Financial Institutions: 801-538-5774
Commerce, Labor Commission, Public Service Commission, H&A: 801-538-5770
Work Force Services: 801-526-4357 Option 2
DTS Metro B Service Desk
Environmental Quality: 801-538-5775
Human Services: 801-538-5772
Tax Commission: 801-297-2727
DTS Metro C Service Desk
Corrections, Board of Pardons: 801-538-5777
Public Safety: 801-965-4066
DTS Metro D Service Desk
Agriculture and Food, Alcohol Beverage Control, Natural Resources, Health: 801-538-5779
Ensure that Division/agency staffs abide by DTS Enterprise Service Desk policies and operating guidelines.
Develop and implement division/agency procedures and governance to ensure that incidents, requests and orders are captured and that work is recorded in a timely fashion.
Notify DTS Enterprise Service Desk staff promptly when changes are made to groups or individuals supporting products or to products themselves.