is available to State employees for conducting conference calls with three or more participants. Audio Conferencing enables agencies to arrange meetings with up to 300 participants anywhere, anytime.
There are two types of Audio Conferencing services available to meet agency needs:
- allows an agency “moderator” to conduct a conference call anytime without operator assistance. Conference calls may be initiated from any telephone in any location.
Operator Assisted Conferencing
- is an operator-managed service designed specifically to handle conference calls that require enhanced services and/or a more personal touch.
Audio Conferencing Features and Descriptions
Caller-Paid Dial-In Number or Toll-Free Dial-In Number
The account holder is assigned a toll-free number and a caller-paid telephone number they can provide to conference participants. When the toll-free number is distributed to the participants, the account holder is responsible for the charges of the call. If the account holder does not wish to pay for the call, they should give the participants the caller-paid telephone number.
Meeting Room Number
The account holder is assigned a unique meeting room number that is used for each conference call.
Ease of Use
Conference calls can be conducted easily. Training is available upon request.
No reservation is needed for reservationless conference calls.
Up to 300 Participants
Invite up to 300 people to participate in your conference call.
An operator is available for use when enhanced services are required. An operator can assist with sub-conference calls, provide full-time monitoring, and perform a roll-call of participants. Transcription service is also available. A reservation is required for operator-assisted calls.
No Set-Up Fees
There is no cost to establish a conference calling account.
No Minimum Usage Charges
The amount of service used is all that will be charged.
No Contract or Term Agreements
The customer is not required to sign contract agreements.
Enter and Exit Tones
Distinctive tones sound as participants enter and exit the conference. These tones may be disabled on setup.
Web-based training is available for audio conference moderators.
Ordering and Provisioning
To request that an account be created, access the General Telecom Order Form for Phone Services on the DTS web site.
Include your name, business telephone number, business mailing address, complete with city and zip code; the agency department and division; your ELCID; and, e-mail address. Please allow 48 hours for your account to be established. You will receive notification from the vendor, via e-mail, of your account information; then, within a week, you should receive a plastic card by mail along with account information and directions for use. It is vitally important that you keep your account secure by not sharing your PIN number with anyone.
To terminate your account, please use the online General Telecom Order Form. Provide the account name, agency, billing telephone number, and account number. Please allow 48 hours for the account to be closed. It may take three billing cycles for all charges to show on your account.
- Provide 24/7 support for questions and/or problems through the DTS Help Desk.
- Maintain contract with vendor.
- Notify customers through the DTS product Web site of any changes to the product.
- Respond to all customer billing inquiries and resolve any issues.
- Notify the customer via the Remedy Help Desk bulletin board service if the product should become unavailable for any reason.
- Notify the vendor to terminate the customer account upon written request through the DTS Telecom Order Desk.
- Set up an Audio Conferencing account with DTS.
- Schedule operator assisted calls with CenturyLink.
- Initiate Reservation-Less Conference Call/Web Conferencing as Host.
- Please review billing of services monthly to ensure accuracy. Discrepancies should be discussed with DTS Accounting within the fiscal year in order for adjustments to be approved and processed.
- Terminate the account when no longer needed.
- Although it is possible for an account to be shared among a group, it is recommended that an account be established for each employee requesting the service. There are no charges unless the account is used.