Effective October 14, 2025 Windows 10 will no longer be supported by Microsoft or DTS. After this date, Windows 11 will become the only supported Microsoft operating system. DTS will continue to support Windows 10 until October 13, 2025.
As of April 1, 2022, any new orders placed for PCs will arrive from our vendors with Windows 11 preinstalled.
DTS has performed initial testing of Windows 11 over the course of several months and has not identified any compatibility issues. We are now requesting agencies to provide test groups to begin testing Windows 11.
We are also working to identify existing PCs that meet the requirements for upgrading, and will release a report in the coming months identifying how many machines in each agency qualify for the upgrade. Currently, machines that meet the requirements for upgrading do not have a cost associated with upgrading.
Participate in Testing
DTS Agency IT Directors will work with the agencies and the DTS Edge Technology teams to identify users or groups of users to participate in the testing.
Anyone participating in Windows 11 testing will need to accept the following stipulations.
- Existing PCs must meet the hardware requirements to run Windows 11.
- Basic Hardware Reqs
- Specific CPU Reqs: AMD, Intel
- Participants agree to be surveyed by DTS and will provide feedback on their experience.
- Participants agree to report issues with Windows 11 via a ticket if experienced.
- Participants agree to perform adequate testing and begin providing feedback as early as March, 2022.
- Participants agree to revert back to Windows 10 in the event it is deemed necessary.
- Participants agree to perform current job functions as part of their testing experience.
- While not expected, participants should be prepared to adapt in the event compatibility issues are discovered with their daily job functions.
Please contact your agency’s IT Director if you have any questions or comments.