The Great Utah ShakeOut is a day of special events featuring our largest earthquake drill ever, organized to inspire Utahns to get ready for big earthquakes, and to prevent disasters from becoming catastrophes. What we do now, before a big earthquake, will determine what our lives will be like afterwards. The ShakeOut drill will occur in houses, businesses, schools, and public spaces alike throughout Utah at 10:15 a.m. on April 20, 2017.
DTS will be participating in the event, so plan to Drop, Cover, and Hold On. You can watch the video here with more information.
In the event of a disaster, the Division of Technology Services expects all employees to report to their managers for specific instructions on where and when to report for duty.
- Employees shall ensure their safety and the safety of their immediate family.
- If employee and his/her family is safe, the employee will report to duty.
- All staff shall monitor KSL Radio 1160 AM for news and information and the Emergency Alert System, as well as emergencyinfoutah.com if accessible.
- Staff may use all and any communications methods available, such as email, text, and social media, to communicate their status to management. We recommend staff follow @utahemergency, @utdemeoc, @utahdps on Twitter.
- DTS Managers are expected to contact (maintain current multiple methods of contact for direct and secondary assigned employees) “Employee call tree”
- If the State Office Building is not available, staff shall report to the alternate DTS site, the State Fair Park, Grand Building. If it is not available the tertiary locations are the Provo or Ogden Regional centers whichever is closer for you. Fourth option is the nearest state office building to your current location. Lastly if you are able to telecommute your home is acceptable. DTS employees out stationed at agency locations will follow that agency protocols and alternate locations.
- If you are able to report to duty, notify your manager or his/her manager and give them your current location and contact information. Email email@example.com is a shared email group by DTS Management and can be used to reach out to many DTS Management or call Salt Lake Data Center 801-538-3889 or 801 538-3440 or Richfield Data Center at 801-538-1188 or 435 896-2460.