The Controlled Substance Database (CSD) at the Department of Commerce was successfully moved from on premises servers to cloud servers hosted by AWS. Moving to AWS provides flexibility and redundancy that was not possible in an on prem environment, provides a roadmap for future improvements, and meets “cloud first” initiatives. This migration is the culmination of roughly a year’s worth of hard work, and represents a major achievement for many teams within both DTS and Commerce.
HUGE THANKS to the following individuals without whom this project would not have been completed:
- DTS CSD Support Team: Byron Bills and Brian Masteller
- Commerce CSD Team: Jeff Henrie, Connie Kitchens, Phil Brewster, and Amy Callaway
- DTS Cloud Team: Justin Newkirk and Donny Ford
- DTS Database Team: Robert Smith
- DTS Shared Hosting: Stuart Roundy
- DTS Networking Team: Jamie Moreno
- DTS Security Team: Ken Wheeler
- NIC/Tyler Team: Souriya Sengsouvanna, Madison Holmes, Brian Wood, Ryan Ireland
- AWS Utah Team: Raj Anumula, Bruce Larsen, Gana Chandrasekaran, and Ken Allen
Thank you all for your hard work, your patience, and your commitment to seeing this massive project through to fruition! On behalf of the DTS Commerce team, THANK YOU! We’ve enjoyed working with you.