Windows PC Setup & Install Instructions
The steps for Windows 7, Vista & XP are basically the same ( with some minor security prompt screens being different ), please select “install, next or ok” when and if prompted during this install.
NOTE: If you have ANY questions about the enrollment process or experience issues registering, please contact your DTS Help Desk
- Unplug your ethernet cable & connect to the internet via WiFi, ( CapNet is usually best for this ), then from the desktop screen, open Internet Explorer and navigate to http://mdm.utah.gov/enroll
- Click Download and run the file.
- Once the Agent has downloaded, run the Win32Agent_In….exe.
- If Symantec opens, select Allow this file. Otherwise skip to step 9
- Select OK
- Select Install. If you are not prompted with these screens, please skip to step 9
- You may be prompted to restart. If so, select Yes, it will resume once rebooted. If you are not prompted with this screen, please skip to step 9
- After reboot, select Install again, when and if prompted
- Select Next
- Select I accept, then select Next <
- Select Install
- Choose Server Details evnter mdm.utah.gov for the server and sou for Group ID.
- Enter your network username and password, then select Next.
- Select the Device Ownership, then select Next.
- Select Finish
- You can confirm enrollment by logging into the Self Service Portal
MDM Enrollment is now complete. You can close all windows that were opened in relation to MDM enrollment.
Managing your Device
Please log into the Device Self Service Portal to manage your own device. When you contact DTS for device support, DTS will assist you in accessing the Device Self Service Portal to manage your device. The Self Service Portal can be found here: https://mdm.utah.gov/mydevice
To gain access to the Self Service Portal, enter the Group ID (SOU) & your Username and Password. This will be the same as your UMD account. Select Login
If you have trouble with the registration process, or issues with MDM on your device, please contact Help Desk Support.