You must have Mobile Device Management (MDM) installed prior to setting up gmail on your device.
- Location and Launch the Settings App.
- In the Settings, locate and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select the Exchange option.
- Type in your FULL email address as well as your current UMD password. Then select Next.
- Type m.google.com in the Server field. You may need to type your FULL email address in the Email and Username field. When that is filled out, select NEXT.
- After the exchange system processes the login, you have the ability to select which options you want to be synced with. You can leave the defaults
- You should now see the Exchange profile in your Mail, Contacts, Calendars page.
Even though the device is ready for the State of Utah Gmail system, it can take up to 1 hour for the Mobile Device Management team to approve the device. You will receive an email on your work desktop/lapton when the device has been approved. Once the device is approved, you will need to reboot the device in order to start the sync process.