DTS recently worked with DABC to release a new website providing customers with an updated and refreshed browsing experience. The new site provides a “store locator” integrated with Google Maps, better calendaring of DABC events, a section where the current DABC Twitter feed is displayed for people who visit the site but do not regularly use Twitter, and a scrolling banner that allows the agency to easily update and refresh the look of the home page over time. The webpage will work much better with mobile devices. Special care was taken to work with the Division of Services for the Blind to ensure the website offers reasonable access to our customers with disabilities. You can see the new site at abc.utah.gov.
- Introducing the Open SGID Database – A New Publicly Available Data Offering
- Cognitive Maps – The Science Behind Our Brain’s Internal Mapping and Navigation System
- May Was Bike (GIS Data) Month!
- Observational Survey: How Does Working from Home Affect GIS Professionals?
- SGID Data Updates
- Recent and Upcoming AGRC Data and Service Deprecations
- More Reads…
Please read this newsletter to know the end-of-year cutoff dates for procuring technology.
DTS has implemented a new Strategic Plan Dashboard to measure success in meeting strategic goals for FY2020 – FY2023. This was a large effort that required the support of many groups within DTS to accomplish. The Strategic Plan Dashboard measures the following goals:
- Increase digital transactions by 10%
- Increase the use of Utah’s business portal to 85%
- Maintain an average customer satisfaction rating of 90%
- Maintain a project value score of 85%
- Improve infrastructure project throughput by 25%
- Capture positive impact and efficiencies gained through new technology
- Increase the number of citizen digital transactions by 10%
- Reduce the count of Audit findings by 25%
- Monitor and report on the number of threat attempts
- Increase security awareness training by 25%
- Validate a Cyber maturity level above 85% every two years
- Ensure 30% of eligible workers are participating in a remote work program
- Reduce employee turnover by 10%
- Improve employee skills by 25%
- Go to: dts.utah.gov
- Hover over: Other
- Click on: DTS Strategic Plan
Today marks an important milestone for the soft launch of Utah’s new Business Portal and can be viewed at my business.utah.gov. Utah’s Business Portal is an all-in-one resource for managing businesses in Utah. In order to access the Manage page, you will need to log in using UtahID and be associated with a Utah business with DWS. The official launch will be Wednesday, July 1 and will be heavily marketed.
- Currently, DWS and GOED are the only agencies associated with the Business Portal.
- The July 1 launch will include Labor and Commerce.
- We will be working with the other agencies to join the portal by May 1, 2021.
See the rest of the message here.