Check out the ‘What‘s New in Google Apps‘ newsletter for all of the latest and greatest Google Apps launches in March 2016.
Fiscal Year 2016 ends on June 30. Below are details on the DTS year end procurement, contract, business case, accounting, and budget deadlines.
May 31: FY16 Purchases Last day to enter FY16 request to ensure delivery of product or service.
June 15: FY17 Purchases ( Start Date)
May 31: Telecom Requests ( Last day to enter FY16 requests to ensure service)
July 1 – Aug 11: Roll PO’s ( Contact Campus Admin)
July 8: Invoices All Agency ( Guarantee paid by 15th)
July 11: PCard Reconciliations ( For June)
April 8: Current FY Solicitations
May 6: Solicitation Awards
May 6: Sole Source
May 27: New Contracts / Amendments
Questions on these timelines: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions on specific solicitations, contracts, or amendments please reach out to your agency’s DTS contract analyst.
Business Cases Approvals: email@example.com
June 1: Submission by Agency
July 11: FY16 Invoices ( Products / Services)
The DTS Automated Geographic Reference Center (AGRC) launched a new website. The new updated gis.utah.gov improves the site to better reflect the leading trends in GIS and IT with the following features:
- An adaptive design developed in partnership with the DTS AppDev/UX team
- Better, easier to find information about Utah GIS data resources
The 2016 State of Utah Legislative Session came to a close on March 10, having passed 474 bills. DTS was very involved in the session this year with many bills that affect our budget, state employees, and new IT projects. Here are a few highlights:
- HB2 New Fiscal Year Appropriations: DTS will be working with several agencies on a justice data sharing project.
- HB8 State Agency Fees and ISF Authorization: DTS FY2017 rates were approved by the legislature.
- HB96 Single Sign On Business Database: DTS will be working with several agencies to analyze and create a prototype system that allows Utah businesses to easily conduct business with all state agencies.
- HB227 Electronic Driver License Amendments: DTS will be working with DPS to conduct a study on the potential use of electronic driver licenses.
- HB280 Autonomous Vehicle Study: UDOT and DPS will study the potential use and impact of autonomous vehicles.
- SB52 Rate Committee Amendments: Changes the makeup of the DTS rate committee to include more agency representation.
You can view more highlights of the 2016 session here.
DTS and Government Technology Magazine are hosting a Digital Government Summit on June 7, 2016 at the Marriott Downtown at City Creek. We have arranged for some great speakers on some very important topics. This event is free to all government employees. We hope you can join us for all or part of this event. Click here for more information.